Our purpose is to locally administer the provisions of the Town’s Wetland Protection
By-laws and the Massachusetts Wetland Protection and River Protection Acts. Some of the functions of the Conservation Commission are as follows:
• Planning. Helping to foster land use patterns protective of natural resources through the Open Space and Recreations Plans.
• Preservation & Stewardship. Management of conservation lands owned by the Town of Hampden for a variety of benefits and to provide appropriate recreational uses tied to the nature of the particular conservation area.
• Regulation. Relating to the use of conservation lands and the protection of wetlands and floodplains under the Wetlands Protection Act and Town of Hampden Wetland Bylaws.
• Recreation. Encourage passive use of open space.
• Education. Encouraging a conservation ethic in the Town of Hampden. Cooperation. Work with various groups in the interest of natural resource protection.
Meets 3rd Wednesday at 7:00PM
Mon, Tue. & Wed. 9AM-2PM
Phone: 413-566-2151 x110
Judy McKinley Brewer
Andrew Netherwood, Associate
Norma Buckley, Clerk